After a late-afternoon session on Monday, I had an outstanding meal of tapas dishes at Rendezvous Central Square in Cambridge. Tapas is a regular feature on Monday nights at the restaurant, and this week’s menu was the best I have had there (of many fine meals!). Leaving the campus on a crisp Fall day about sunset, I arrived early (~5:30 PM) and was seated at a table with a great view of the restaurant as it quickly filled up with eager diners.
My dinner consisted of a cocktail (“Nehru” — made with house-infused Saffron Gin), followed by four dishes and a terrific glass of wine:
- spicy fried chickpeas with pimenton, kale, and preserved lemon
- caramelized yellow carrots with Moroccan spices and Harissa
- bruschetta: (1) eggplant/caponata (2) wild mushrooms (3) kale and ricotta
- Nantucket bay scallops seviche with tomatillo sauce
- 2011 Joan D’Aguera Garnacha from Monsant region of Spain
I ate most of it with such relish that I forgot to take photos of some of the dishes. Take my word for it: they were all delicious.